Wednesday 9 July 2008

House versus Home?


London is still being buffeted by horrible rainstorms and we are wondering if that is all the summer we are going to get.


Tonight was a late night shopping trip to Ikea to buy a cheap table for me to use as a print table. I got what I wanted aswell as some box frames which I am going to use for some mini chook worlds (pics to explain what the heck this is will follow soon).


Ikea have the slogan of 'do you live in a house or a home' which got me thinking ours is definately a 'home' ! Most of the houses in the interiors magazines I have read lately just leave me a bit cold. It's a bit wood floors - check, large gilt mirror - check, glass extension for a kitchen - check and the houses are always in London and always have a couple who are architects/interior designers who have impossibly cute kids with names like Song and Otter.


But I do like the 'feng shui' house in this months Living etc. The kids rooms look like real kids bedrooms that they can have fun in rather than an adults idea of a 'styled' kids room. I also like thier mix of vintage furniture and street art like the banksy print.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I agree with your feelings on the usual "beautiful homes". I wonder if those super cute kids are kept in plastic bags or if they have another house so the kids can play without messing anything up...?

My living room carpet has peanut butter on it.