Thursday 22 May 2008

katherine's quilt


I love reading about the featured sellers on etsy and finding out what inspires them. I always fantasise that etsy pick me to be a featured seller and how I would answer the questions. That is pretty sad!


Anyway the question asking handmade item do you treasure the most would be an easy one. I have a quilt that my classmates at Morley College made for me when Katherine was born. The summer of 2006 was a total heatwave and I was heavily pregnant but still struggling to work and college and managed to finish my dresses in time for the end of year show.


I didn't realise at the time but everyone made a square and Sue then joined them together into the most fantastic quilt. Some of the panels are textural so Katherine loves stroking them and also all the colours. Some of the squares too are japanese fabrics. Sue kindly gave me a card too which shows who made what!


So that would be my most precious handmade item by far!

No comments: