Monday 20 April 2009

the folksy children's category disaster


ok, folksy.com is turning into the most annoying website to sell on.


they have removed the category for 'children' on the account that categories are for 'objects'. added in is 'housewares'. As they say on the blog it is a huge category but on that is recognised on many online shopping sites. Duh as is children.


Etsy, notonthehighstreet.com, misi , dawanda - all have children or baby and child top level categories.


As was pointed out by several posters on the blog people often browse a whole category looking for inspiration for presents. Now on folksy they have to search each top level category to find the children sub category.


And then I find admin put a little post up a while back asking for 'feedback'. I can't stand this way of communicating. Not everyone has time to read all the forum posts everyday. What about a dedicated email to sellers. That would seem fairer.


Along with the static and frankly boring front page, front page link to a competition that finished last year and the everlasting totes promotion it just looks to me like they couldn't give a monkeys about how their site looks.


I've never really looked into misi or coriandr in depth as their front pages put me off. My pet hate is anyone's items photographed lying on a laminate floor. Ok for some old tshirt you are sticking on ebay but your handmade items?


But at least their front pages have some life to them. On folksy there are some items I see pretty much everyday. If I was a buyer I'd think they had bugger all to sell.


Ok rant over....
I thought that A Resin Revivals 'organ grinder' pendant and locket was appropriate!



1 comment:

Zoe-Est Studio said...

I couldn't agree more!
I like Coriandr